Friday, September 16, 2011

Free Book of Shadows Template (Medieval Inspired)

Medieval Inspired Book of Shadows Page Template
Hello lovelies! I've been a busy bee. To the left is a preview of the scrapbook template I made today. I love digi-scrapbooking and I know there are a lot of other people out there who do as well. My area of utmost interest is scrapbooking magical tomes. Books of Shadows, grimoires, and collections of kitchen witchery are all current undertakings of mine.

I thought about what I wanted to share with you as I make my own Books of Shadows, and I decided that instead of making another finished page like I did with "Catechism for a Witch's Child" I should whip up a template that other scrappers can use for whatever purpose they choose.

This template kit comes as a compressed ZIP file. The page itself is a PSD file, so you will need Photoshop in order to use it. You can also try Gimp, though I am unfamiliar with the software. Additionally, different versions of programs and varying personal program settings may produce different results when opening, editing, or saving the template. In any case, the font Isabella is included and the two images I downloaded from Karen's Whimsy are embedded in the PSD file. Her website is a fantastic resource if you want to continue using medieval graphics and clip art in creating your Book of Shadows. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This is the coolest frickin thing I've ever seen!! Sweet!! You rock lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! This is wonderful! Have a beautiful weekend,
    In Faery Light,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. I'm glad you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

    Post Secret
    Walt Disney Confessions

    Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

    If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete